The right hearing aid, professionally fitted, can make a world of difference when it comes to your hearing loss. Many companies are manufacturing hearing aids these days that are so small and discreet that no one else would know that you’re wearing them. Others are packed with all the features you need to make your life more convenient and enhance your hearing experience.
Here are some of the top hearing aids from each of the hearing aid manufacturers we work with:
The Widex Moment
Widex Moment is the company’s newest hearing aid that boasts a new pathway and processing platform.
Too many people decide not to use their hearing aids despite the vastly increased technology available nowadays. Widex delved further into the reasons why people still reject hearing aids. Their key conclusion was that no matter how effective a hearing aid is, it still has a definite hearing aid sound, which is different from hearing sounds naturally.
With a new technology called ZeroDelay, the Widex Moment solves this issue, and the modern pathway architecture skips anything that usually slows down the speed of sound processing. With a delay of fewer than 0.5 milliseconds, PureSound offers the fastest digital signal processing ever. The result is the most natural-sounding hearing aid out there.
Signia Styletto X
Signia’s popular, award-winning Styletto model is now available to treat a broader range of hearing losses on the new Signia Xperience platform. It also offers advanced Qi wireless technology for quick charging and streaming. From groundbreaking 24/7 instant assistance to Remote Care, Styletto X provides a complete listening experience.
For this year, a new ‘facemask’ option has also been added. While face masks are crucial for limiting the spread of infection, they can reduce speech comprehension. The first and only hearing aid setting of its kind is easily activated with the click of a button inside the Signia app on their smartphones. This mode was created by Signia to help people listen better to other speakers wearing masks. Even in a noisy environment, you can now more easily understand someone wearing a mask without missing words or asking the person to repeat themselves.
Starkey Livio Edge AI
Starkey’s previous flagship model, the Livio, brought artificial intelligence, 3D cameras, fall detection, and brain and fitness health monitoring systems to the world of modern hearing aid technologies. It’s no surprise this hearing aid was named the ‘Times Best Invention’ in 2019.
The Livio Edge AI builds upon this legacy by providing users with the world’s first rechargeable 2.4 GHz Li-ion custom hearing aid.
Starkey Livio Edge offers the following benefits:
- Even in demanding listening conditions, understanding others requires less effort, even in noisy environments.
- Effortless streaming of calls, music and audio devices.
- Fast adjustments to handle any sound environment.
Unitron Moxi Jump
The Moxi Jump uses Unitron’s Discover Next (DX) platform that offers more to your hearing experience. To provide a realistic listening experience, it handles every nuance of speech and environmental cues.
The robust, integrated SoundCore system helps you understand the deeper meaning of conversations and makes Discover Next by Unitron one of the world’s smartest platforms.
Unitron’s years of training their hearing algorithms with machine learning mean that, like a young, regular listener, this feature can recognize life’s ever-changing soundscapes.
Discover Next offers a simple voice, decreased noise, and overall sound quality that is comfortably matched within any setting. It makes the subtle nuances of speech more pronounced, making understanding others easier, even those who are softly spoken.
Phonak’s previous flagship hearing aid was incredibly successful, so much so that it was difficult for Phonak to keep up with demand. By implementing six main changes improvements, the Phonak Paradise builds on this performance:
- More Bluetooth connections: up to eight Bluetooth devices can be paired with Paradise, and it can handle two working Bluetooth connections simultaneously. This makes it pretty easy to turn between your two favorite devices.
- Tap controls: To accept/end phone calls, pause/result streaming, and access voice assistants such as Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant, you can double-tap the Paradise hearing aids.
- Motion sensors: Modern ultra-low-power accelerometers are used on the Paradise rechargeables. They detect your movements and switch the hearing aid microphones and noise cancellation settings accordingly.
- Clearer speech in quiet settings: A new “Speech Enhancer” feature amplifies soft speech.
- Improved noise reduction: For noisy conditions, Phonak is implementing “Dynamic Noise Cancellation” The feature adds up to a 4dB signal-to-noise ratio boost.
- Sound processing chip PRISM: This allows improved Bluetooth compatibility.